The Hidden Palace: the most spellbinding escapist historical novel of WW2 Malta from the No. 1 Sunday Times bestseller (The Daughters of War, Book 2)

£9.9
FREE Shipping

The Hidden Palace: the most spellbinding escapist historical novel of WW2 Malta from the No. 1 Sunday Times bestseller (The Daughters of War, Book 2)

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Jan Lambert, Beady Jans Books - "Loved this one. Classy, quality writing, a stunning historical family drama set in Ceylon in the 1920s….the skill with which the author sets the scene is only surpassed by her skills at creating fabulous characters and weaving them into an irresistible story of family secrets and personal sacrifice." Read more Vanessa Vieira, Nessa News (Brazil) - "…é um romance estupendo, com um pano de fundo ricamente histórico e uma linda e resplandecente história de amor." Read more

Proprio con quest’ultimo Riva instaura da subito uno splendido e meraviglioso rapporto di amicizia che successivamente diventa di lavoro. The sights, smells and atmosphere of Ceylon are beautifully depicted. This is Dinah Jefferies at her best." - Lucinda Riley – bestselling author of ‘The Seven Sisters’ and several others Olivia Silvana, Prefácio blog (Brazil) - "as I began to read, I was transposed into the story." Read more Dinah je autorica koja majstorski odrađuje svoj posao, njena djela oduševljavaju čitatelje. I ova priča, kao i sva njena druga djela, zaokupirat će vas potpuno i nećete moći tako lako ispustiti knjigu iz ruku." Read more Susurros de Csejte (Spain) - "The Tea Planter’s Wife has a plot that grabs the reader…. It is a highly recommended novel. (Translated from the Spanish)" Read more

Latest articles

My ideal read; mystery, love, heart-break and joy – I couldn’t put it down." - Santa Montefiore – author of The Beekeeper’s Daughter I will say that I missed the 3 sisters being together and had hoped that the story would continue in that vein from Book 1. But the new adventures were certainly interesting as well. D. R. Meredith, New York Journal of Books (USA) - "Love, suspense, guilt, and hidden secrets with an underlying theme of race relations seamlessly blend together in a timeless story of an innocent young Englishwoman struggling to find her place in colonial Ceylon against unexpected circumstances and facing cruel choices. . . an enjoyable read." Read more Margherita, Esmeralda Viaggi e Libri (Italy) - "mi piacerebbe leggere altro di questa bravissima autrice che con le sue parole ricche di sentimenti è riusciva a coinvolgermi e catturarmi." Read more Elizabeth, Lib C Reads - "..a story that sweeps you up and makes for a thoroughly enjoyable read.." Read more

Beautifully written and heart rending… a magical setting with a real sense of period." - Katie Fforde – author of A Vintage Wedding & A French Affair Melanie Farmer, chapterandcake - "Gwen and Laurence Hooper are wonderful examples of characters who portray love, tragedy but above all hope, at times when all feels lost. … I really cannot recommend this (book) enough," Read more Shaz Godwin, Jera’s Jamboree - "hooked me in straight away … all my senses awake and my emotions heightened….The settings are just magical. Dinah Jefferies is so skillful in bringing everything to life, I was transported to another time to another culture. …The romance is soul to soul. Beautiful, poignant and takes your breath away. …The ending is perfect. Just perfect." Read more Fast-forward to the final months of the Second World War, Florence is sent on a mission to find out what happened to Rosalie. Florence’s mother has not heard from her sister, Rosalie, and her last known location was Malta. Yet, the relationship between Florence and her mother is strained, added to the fact that the war limits travel and Florence has had her own journey to recover from. Over time, Florence gradually accepts her mother’s wishes and I enjoyed how the two family members fused together on the island. Silke Wimme, Perfecte Buren dus! (Netherlands) - "De auteur vermengt in ‘Voor de Moesson’ op ingenieuze wijze haar maatschappijkritische blik met elementen zoals feelgood, romantiek, mysterie, … en dit met een heldere, beeldende schrijfstijl," Read more

Share Articles

It was an interesting plot and I enjoyed both the timelines. However, there did seem to be a couple of ideas that were introduced into the novel and then not developed. Rosalie’s friend Charlotte was one of these. She seemed to pop up whenever the plot required her to but her storyline wasn’t taken any further so it felt disjointed. The different time scales were so interesting and I think Jefferies added depth to the narrative with this historical perspective. I enjoyed reading a book set in the wars that wasn’t in France, Germany or Britain; Malta’s experience has significantly added to my understanding of this period. Furthermore, the fact that Rosalie and Florence’s stories were not too many decades apart from each other added a level of suspense whether the two would ever be reunited. Jefferies does not provide clues as to how the story will unfold and I liked how I could not predict whether Florence would be able to fulfil her mother’s wishes. Le vite delle due donne, Riva/Rosalie e Florence, si intrecciano sempre più strettamente raccontandoci di perdite dolorose, guerre spietate e coraggio femminile. Ellen, Elllen Z Reads - "gorgeous and sad and graphic and devastating and hopeful all at once," Read more Laura, Laura Patricia Rose Reads - "Dinah has such a wonderful way of writing that effortlessly pulls you in." Read more

Celia Moontown, Celia Moontown Blog - "It always amazes me how Dinah Jefferies can create characters with such immense inner strength and intense vulnerability. ……..I wait to get lost in the sensory and emotional explosion of her writing. ….A really absorbing read." Read more

Search members.

The BookTrail - "This played out like a film in my mind…. visually stunning and so poignant and sad. …but it was the plight of the characters, what it must have felt like at the time that really got me going…you’ll want to read it all." Read more The Missing Sister is a pacy, intriguing novel. Set in an exotic, little-known location, it draws you in to its secrets and dangers; the dark recesses of Burma. I stayed up all night reading." - Carol Drinkwater – author of The Lost Girl and many others Hecate, Cronache di Lettrici Accanite – Italy - "this is a book that I will not forget .. it moved me deeply and .. I would like to recommend it to you

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop