Court of Blood and Bindings: A Steamy Fae Fantasy Romance (Fae Isles Book 1)

£9.9
FREE Shipping

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

This novel is described on Goodreads as a “steamy assassin fantasy romance” with enemies-to-lovers and grumpy/sunshine tropes.

No diré nada para no spoilear ya que creo que esta particularidad es algo importante dentro de la historia y mejor descubrirlo al leerlo.

MMC is delicious - typical tall dark and handsome winged fae - however, something that truly sets him apart and also his relationship with the FMC, is the fact that he doesn’t have a voice (yes, he has a tongue and knows how to use it). And I loved watching him fall for Emelin, feeling things for the very first time, and bravely embracing it.

But through self-discipline, mental toughness, and hard work, Goggins transformed himself from a depressed, overweight young man with no future into a US Armed Forces icon and one of the world's top endurance athletes. Plot: At the beginning of the story, Emelin accidently shows her magic to Creon, the Fae murderer who has been sent to wipe out Cathra after they installed an iron ward.He’s the most powerful of his kind, and though he has that broody, cocky arrogance that I love so much in my romantic heroes, he’s also wonderfully witty and he has this quiet vulnerability about him that is absolutely irresistible.

Do you feel weighed down by stress and pressure, held back by judgement and lack of opportunity, and critcised by everyone – including yourself? While there were a few frustrating moments, as there are with most books ((yes, even ACOTAR (my fave)), this series so far - I’m currently 39% into book 2 - which has been so incredibly good.

The Silent Death is supposed to be the Mother’s loyal servant, her invincible warrior, her ruthless, soulless killer. It’s not a really bad one, but it still leaves us on a critical point, and I’m so invested in these characters and their story, I’m absolutely desperate to get my hands on the next book of the series. Caught using forbidden magic, Emelin is captured by the Silent Death and brought to the Crimson Court, where she learns more about the Silent Death and bargains with him. Un datito curioso, la autora no es americana es europea y se nota en su forma de escribir, algunos giros idiomáticos y particularmente se ve la diferencia en las escenas smut y la ironía en los chistes.

She's definitely worth reading about - she's strong throughout the book and her background made me empathetic towards her and angry for her but there were some places where she was a bit unkind towards the MMC. There she is given the chance to undo her regrets and try out each of the other lives she might have lived. She saw that he is working against the Queen, and got her people to safety, and yet she continues to judge and demean him, when he’s done absolutely nothing to her (well, other than the kidnapping, but he gave her his jacket and did everything to make sure she was comfortable - plus, why would she even want to go with her family - WHO LEFT HER TO BURN TO DEATH! It doesn’t take long for us to see a different side of him, firstly in sparing Emelin, and then when he sets her up in his home and she starts to snark at him, and he snarks right back. We all know I have a soft spot for fantasy romance by now, especially if it involves fae, so I might be biased.I read ACOMAF way back in 2018 but seeing as it's one of my favourite books I remember almost every part.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop